This is a collaborative post
Say goodbye to pretty in pink and give a warm welcome to your boyfriend’s wardrobe.
Over the past few years, femininity has been vastly celebrated, however as we move towards the closing stages of 2020, expect to see the welcomed surprise of silk ties, trouser suits, braces, pinstripes, and overcoats, to name but a few.
The masculine trend is one that particularly looks good because of the sleek and tailored designs it offers. In fact, the masculine trend looks great on all figures. It is about you being able to demand the clothes and show everyone who is boss; which is really what the trend symbolizes and what it is all about.
In fact, feminine touches mixed with masculine designer clothes will create a great amount of sex appeal. This is because you will see slight hints of femininity yet the clothes will contrast with this to create an overall dazzling effect. This is really one of the boldest and dominating trends of the coming season.
The masculine trend does not mean that you have to look manly, you can of course play with it and spice things up with a bit of sensuality. You do not have to stick to merely black and white and you can add a slice of color to brighten things up. Bold make-up or stand out colored accessories also give this look that extra daring and delightful edge.
So what items should you look for when executing this trend?
- Shirts: There an array of different shirts available that you can mix and match with all sorts of clothing. Shirts are great because they go with everything; shorts, jeans, skirts, and leggings. However, make sure you stay away from girly attributes such as frills and flowers. Go for shirts in bold and striking colors with simple and sleek designs.
- Boots: Boots are a must when emulating this trend. Lace up boots provide the perfect balance between having a masculine feel yet adding a sexy touch to your outfit, especially, if you go for high heels.
- Bow ties: Bow ties are absolutely great because they are generally considered menswear however they add a cute and chic element to any outfit. You can pin a bow tie to your shirt or blouse to add an extra edge to any outfit. If you want to show that you are a trendsetter then this is the best way.
- Trilby hats: Trilby hats are the perfect accessory to add a masculine hint to your outfit. Like shirts, they are great because they go with anything. Trilby hats in shades of brown and alike can add a touch of indie to your outfit, however, black colour versions of trilby hats can add a more sophisticated and stand out presence to your appearance.
- Satchels: Satchels are the best type of bag to carry whilst implementing the masculine trend. This is because they carry the look of a briefcase however they are of course extremely stylish and much more chic.