Starting the Christmas countdown with a gift list for HIM as it’s normally the hardest job. (Followed by MIL.) “Darling, what would you like to have for Christmas?” “Dunno. Surprise me.” Yeah, thanks. I literally keep a little drawer in my mind where I save all the hints collected trough out the year! You think you know your other half, but when it comes to presents, you really need some daring creativity too.
My Christmas gift guide items are sourced from less mainstream suppliers. They are not expensive either. But they all are very innovative, unusual or a piece of art.
1. Gin And Tonic Lover Small hamper from Prestige Gifts. With
Edinburgh Elderflower Infusion Gin, Chilli Harissa Nuts and
Paprika and Chilli Olives. Lovely idea for a friend too. Any gin lover will appreciate the idea! £54.99
2. Dublin Skyline Silk Pocket Square from Mr. Jenks. It’s designed by Donal Mangan with the aim of showing the beauty of Dublin featuring iconic and historic sights. 100% Silk. This is when fashion becomes a true form of art. Gorgeous water colours! £25.83
3. London For Your Inner Child from the V&A Shop. V&A is usually a good place to look for unusual and affordable artistic gift items. This minimalistic design is the work of architecture studio AL_A based on the sinuous form of the River Thames that unites and divides London. What a terrific idea! £25
4. Michael Caine “Newspaper” Framed Art Print found in a stylish artistry web shop called Beyond The Galleries. It is an open edition print on acid free paper with light fast inks. A very chic b&w photo, also not an overused shot of Mr. Caine. Who’s not a fan of Michael Caine anyway? From £84.95
5. Hemp Eyewear – Dean Sunglasses I’m in LOVE with this idea! These sunnies are hand made to order from plant fibre material, the polarised lenses provide full UV400 protection covering 100% of both UVA and UVB rays. Supplied from Polaroid and made from over 70% bio material, the lenses are high quality and one of the most eco-friendly available. And how stylish! Great find. £85
6. Wth my husband we normally present each other with an “experience” for every occasion apart from an actual present. So we can spend some quality time together. This Christmas, my choice is Woyzeck in the Old Vic. Seems like a refreshing take on one of the most influential stage dramas ever written, starring John Boyega. Tickets from £39
7. Nixon Safari Well, I love Nixons. They are cool, tasteful, affordable and reliable. I never liked boring, expensive watches, but that’s just me. Comes in 3 colours and it’s just the right size. Adding to their coolness: they are designed and made in California. Christmas present for your inner surfer dude! £160
8. Now, this is a tricky one, because The Firepod is currently available only for order. The designer is still trying to get some funding via Kickstarter for this fab little oven to start sustainable production. Pledge £255 to be one of the first owners of this beauty!
9. Gofresh Kitchen Gardener from Microgrower. This is a fabulous idea if you don’t have a garden, but you want to have fresh herbs or even tomatoes. With the help of this new innovation you can grow them in your kitchen! Great gift for your foodie especially, if he likes to cook. From £59.99