This is a collaborative post
You finally have the best gas heater installed in your home, one that meets your every need, but did you know it is an appliance like any other that needs some extra care. For a machine to offer the best services for years to come will need to get some extra attention from you, this is the cleaning, regular servicing of the appliance, and proper maintenance. The same thing applies to gas heaters.
After a couple of uses, dirt tends to build up, this is from dust, dirt, and other particles within your room. With the dirt build-up, it could hinder its functions, not effectively heating your room like it did the first day you installed it, could waste gas, and be a safety issue. All factors that could easily be avoided if proper maintenance is done.
When we say extra care, it doesn’t mean clean it up after every use, ensure you do this after every two months, check under the hood to ensure everything is running well. Below are some additional tips that you could use to ensure your appliance is running smoothly.
Additional tips on maintenance
- When you have reached the two-month mark, your gas heater is ready for some service. Please turn it off and the gas supply before cleaning. If you are just from using it, let it cool completely before starting your clean up.
- Once nice and cooled start with dusting all surfaces, dust build-up affects the overall performance.
- If you have a vacuum or just a blower, this will also go a long way in removing any dust particles you might have left behind. This will help get to those tight holes and slots your cloth couldn’t reach.
- The next thing is cleaning the filter, remember the instruction manual the appliance came with, well go ahead and flip a few pages and get a better understanding of the filter in your machine. If you are not able to access the filter, do not force your way as it could be dangerous, just contact the professionals to do this extra step in cleaning.
- Now to the duct registers in your gas heater, your vacuum will go a long way in helping you clean this section.
- If you notice your heater has been designed with a fan, this is the next area that needs some cleaning. You don’t want dust been blown in the room as you try warm yourself up. The fan needs a simple wipe down with a damp cloth. For this particular task as it would take you less than 5 minutes, try to clean it after every two weeks. No need to breathe in dusty warm air.
When you take care of your appliances, they can serve you longer; in this regard, try doing an inspection often. These are appliances, and due to wear and tear, they could stop working as they did. Like having a leaking gas, the filter not fixed right, but with a simple inspection, you can identify these problems timely.