This is a collaborative post.
There’s nothing quite as satisfying as the time you renovate your home. Ripping out the furniture and the walls, repainting it all to make it look great and relaying the flooring with a new type of linoleum is all exciting. You make a big choice when you renovate your house: you choose to ensure that your home is exactly how you want it to be. The problem? Renovations come with a lot of mess, and there’s not really much you can do to get away from that!
Remodeling the house will leave you with stuff to clear up, but it depends on how much of it you remodel as to what you’ll have to deal with afterwards. For example, if you have a lot of pipework that you’ve replaced, you may choose to call in Norstar Steel Recyclers to take the metal away for you so you don’t have to scrap it. If you have tons of wood planks from replacing the floor, you might choose to advertise locally for people to collect it, saving you money on clearing it up once again. The point here is that your renovation is going to take some time to clear up, and we’ve got some tips to help you to do it.
- Start with your soft furnishings. Before you do anything, Scotchgard your soft furnishings and cover everything up with dust sheets. You don’t want to let your home or furniture get covered in dust or dirt when you are renovating, and you need to avoid damaging your things. Renovations should be fun and exciting, not costly in that you have to replace everything that you renovate.
- Speak to professional services. You need to have movers come in and take old furniture away and you need the rubbish removal guys to come in for the scrap wood, metal and any other junk that you rip up from the house. Construction cleanup can take a while and you have to dispose of every material safely and properly. Do the research here!
- Clean the walls. If you want your newly painted and replaced walls to stay looking bright and new, you need to do a clean-down of the walls with damp cloths and make sure that they are free of dust clinging to them.
- Clean out your vent systems. The vent systems of the home can really bring in a lot of dust and it’s not safe to breathe all of that in. The ventilation system needs to be thoroughly cleaned out because otherwise it’ll be pumping dusty air throughout the house. It’s not great for anyone, but it’s worse for those with allergies!
- Save money for the tip. There will be a lot of tip runs to go on when you have a home renovation, and you should ensure that you have the cash put to one side before you even get started. It’s so much easier to get the home cleaned out when you are prepared to take a lot of rubbish!