This is a collaborative post.
Cleaning up your home can have remarkable benefits especially when there’s plenty of free time. When you spend your time cleaning and being productive, you feel more fulfilled and accomplished.
Having clutter filling up your house can be depressing and stressful. A cleaner space can improve your mental health.
One of the best ways to declutter is by installing efficient storage in your home. You can easily find cabinet options online by typing whatever you need, and the search engine will instantly redirect to best online cabinets, drawers, and other storage options for homes.
What Things Can You Clean Up During Winter?
Below are several things you can get rid of:
- Equipment that Is Out of Season: Some sports gear or any cleaning equipment that you may have forgotten to put away.
- Expired Lotions and Products: Smell and inspect some of your products to find any that have turned or expired. Discard any lotions that look too runny or separated.
- Old Catalouges and Magazines: Get rid of piles of magazines that date far back. You can remain with the editions from the 2 previous months.
- Paper Clutter: You may have flyers, paperwork, or grocery bags that have been piling up in your kitchen; it’s time to sort them out and get rid of the clutter.
- Out-of-season clothing: Clothes that you won’t need for the next season and those that do not fit that well anymore. Do away with anything you think you won’t wear.
How Do I Make Decluttering Winter Stuff Painless?
The best way to clean up your home in the most effortless way is by being prepared, organised, and fast. You first have to do one individual room at a time; this prevents you from running up and down one area of the house to another, which can be very tiring and stressful.
Start With Your Living Room
The living room is usually the least clustered area of the house. Start by organising the furniture and removing things that don’t belong there. Place misplaced items where they belong, put any books or magazines in their designated storage area, such as open shelves or baskets, to keep everything neat. You can get other storage bins to help put away stuff you don’t want to get rid of.
Clean Up the Kitchen
Here you can begin by tidying up one area at a time. You can start by cleaning out your refrigerator by getting rid of foul items and freshening it up. You can then organise the pantry; placing all your cereal and products in storage containers helps eliminate all the paper clutter. Clean out the drawers and cabinets. Get rid of old containers and get new storage units and organise things you intend to keep.
Move to the Bedroom
The bedroom can sometimes carry some heavy workload. Clean out your closet and sort through your dresses, shoes, shirts, and throw out what you don’t think you’ll need. Do the same with the sheets and towels; throw away stained items and make room for new ones.
Do the Bathroom
Despite being small, the bathroom is a regularly used area and therefore deserves some effort. Get rid of anything that’s expired from the cabinet. Set up a storage area for toothbrushes and somewhere to hang towels.
After doing these major areas of the house, you can do any remaining areas with ease.
With productive home storage items, you can neatly put away stuff you don’t want to get rid of. Being organised from the start makes decluttering less problematic for you.