Some gifted items.
One of my favourite things about my blog is that I have this massive opportunity to make a difference. I use my blog to spread the word and make people aware of ethical and green issues. I find that the best way is to do this by introducing other ethical and eco-friendly options, that are positive choices for people and planet. We don’t have to accept and buy the goods big labels and glossy adverts are trying to sell us. Money is a vote which you can use every time you go shopping. By using your spending power wisely you can help to create a better, healthier and greener world.
With that in mind, the idea to create a new monthly review series called “My Ethical And Green Picks Of The Month” was born. The posts are to introduce all the small shops and indie brands which produce and sells ethically produced, eco-friendly, organic, natural, cruelty – free and fairly traded goods, that are alternatives to everyday items such as fast fashion, processed food, cosmetics and cleaners containing toxins and harmful chemicals.
Sandals made from post consumer plastic
I’ve received these fab sandals from Keen (Women’s Elle Backstrap Casual Sandals)- and not only they look awesome (I love the Missoni-esque stripes) they are super comfortable! The sole of the sandals are so soft – made with non-marking rubber outsole that leaves no trace and recycled PET plastic stretch gore upper. Stretchy and protective on the ankles. Dress up, dress down – perfect for walking a lot, which is what we normally do!
My little girl got a pair too: perfect for spending long ours outside in nature! (Younger Kids’ Verano Sandals)
Plastic free and natural hand sanitiser
Olive & Fran Hand Cleansing Spray – Floral Zest – 50ml (Over 300 Uses)
To keep your hands soft and smelling great, we use a blend of natural citrus fruit and flower oils, combined with vegetable glycerine and coconut oil; for it’s protective, healing and moisturising properties. The unique mix of oils can also help combat stress, anxiety and mood imbalance. Unlike a gel, our cleansing spray is quick drying and non-sticky. Containing 70% cosmetic grade, iso-propyl alcohol for its cleaning ability, the spray function is convenient with zero waste. This vegan friendly product uses only the purest ingredients.
I’ve received this personalised picnic rug from Sainsbury’s as part of their Tastemaker Team along with other vegan goodies to try. I love this blanket because it’s made of 100% recycled cotton and it’s therefore not only a great looking, classic blanket but also sustainable. (Made by My Wobble Box)
Sustainable plantain crisps
I tell you what, this is not the humble cooking banana as you know it. They taste like chunky cut potato crisps! I was pleasantly surprised when tried them and they come in lovely flavours of lightly sea salted, wild garlic and little spicy.
Purely supports the local economy providing income for small farmers. The founders spent time developing meaningful relationships with local farmers in Portoviejo (Ecuador) to sustainably source the plantains and support their community.
These plantain crisps vegan, GMO-free, palm-oil free, they contain no additives or preservatives – just natural ingredients.
Plantain is high in antioxidants fibre and potassium, very nutritious, low in sugar and cholesterol free. These plantain crisps contain 30% less fat compared to potato crisps.
Eco Baby Gift Set
From our Refillogic web shop I’m bringing this cute new baby gift box this month. Perfect gift for baby showers (as it’s quite unisex) and for new mums too. We called it Shooting Star gift set.
This Shooting Star Gift Set Includes:
- Two large, soft, muslins in a lovely polar bear and Breton stripes design and crafted in 100% bamboo cotton. This is a great, versatile item with a multitude of uses; from pushchair cover, light blanket or nursing cover! 60cmx60cm each.
- Vegan Happi Salted Caramel oat milk chocolate
- Eden Days – Cheeky Chops 100% Natural Baby Soap (It is free from fragrances, parabens, sulphates, phthalates, colour, detergents, synthetics, and all those other nasties that can be absorbed by your baby’s skin. It is formulated specially to be extra gentle and help reduce skin flare-ups. The Calendula helps to calm and relax your baby and is also anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral.)
- Eden Days – Cheeky Chops 100% Natural Baby & Kids Body Butter 150 ml (This butter is certified safe for children from as young as newborn. It’s formulated as a daily emollient with a fatty acid profile that nurtures and also protects the skin barrier.
- Wooden Baby Teething Toy with rainbow ribbons
We hopen you like our ethical picks for June 2021 and use them too! They will make a great addition to your eco-friendly lifestyle.