I normally have this in the freezer all the time, for Bobcat and for the days when he’s extra picky and won’t eat anything substantial. Pasta can always come. So it’s a good idea to add as much healthy and nutritious ingredients to a pasta dish as you can. Very simple to prepare, a real comfort food for him. If you cook everything really soft, this pasta with salmon and broccoli is a great weaning meal too. The recipe below will give you 3-4 toddler portions.
half a head of broccoli, broken into florets
150g pasta (any kind of, really)
2 small garlic cloves, minced
150ml whole milk
50g medium cheddar cheese grated
half a tbsp of flour
1 tsp of fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- Start to boil some water in a medium pan and steam the broccoli above it.
- It takes around 15 minutes to soften, but depends on how tender you want it.
- In a small pan poach the salmon for 10 minutes in 100ml milk on low/medium heat, add the garlic and the parsley.
- When it’s cooked, set it aside. We keep the milk too, don’t throw it away.
- Start to cook the pasta and simultaneously, in a small pan melt the butter, add the flour and simmer for a minute.
- Add the milk from the salmon pan and keep stirring on low heat when it starts to thicken, add some more milk and the grated cheese.
- Add some salt and pepper if you wish. When everything is cooked, flake the salmon.
- In a bowl mix everything well. The broccoli should just break into small pieces. Serve it with a some grated cheese on the top.