As other fellow mums probably know this very well: you cannot leave the house with the children without STUFF. The stuff have been reduced since they are 4 and 6 but we still carry quite a lot of things when we’re out and about. They are not “just in case items”, mind you. We need these things whenever we’re out. Water bottles, some changing clothes, snacks (seriously? 5 minutes into the walk: Mummy, I’m hungry!) wallet, phone, tissues, wipes just to mention the standard ones.
For all these, the best to have a backpack, so my arms are free. Backpacks are also more comfortable too. Especially this new one I have received from Bagmaya. The model is called Palawan.
Fairly handmade in Nepal using natural hemp, natural cotton and dyes, Bagmaya makes bum bags, backpacks and yoga mat sacks. They are sustainable made and sourced. They are designed in the UK and hand made in Nepal. Super durable and long lasting. They ship their products with carbon-neutral delivery within the UK (free!) and completely plastic free.
The manufacturing process of these bags not only help unprivileged people to make a living wage by using their skills but Bagmaya also gives 10%. of the profit back to this community by supporting Yuwa (a charity committed to youth empowerment in Nepal).
- 100% natural hemp, fairly and sustainably handmade in Nepal
- Internal pocket for small items
- Padded compartment at the back for laptops up to 13″
What I liked about the Palawan
- Lightweight – it’s probably a property of the hemp. Super lightweight!
- It’s comfortable to wear, with adjustable straps
- Perfect size, takes everything I normally need whilst not looking stuffed.
- It has a little secret pocket for valuables too, it’s practical.
- It’s waterproof.
- It could be a perfect all round backpack: perfect for work and school as well