This is a collaborative post.
Accidents and injuries happen every day. It can be quite a scary world out there, can’t it? From broken bones to bruises, we have all been injured from time to time. In some cases, though, you are able to seek legal aid for your injuries because they have been caused by someone else. After all, we all have a duty to make sure we do not do anything that would cause an injury to someone else.
A shocking number of people do not make a personal injury claim when they would have been entitled to compensation. There are lots of reasons why this is the case, yet one of the main reasons is because they do not realise they are eligible for compensation in the first place.
Keeping that in mind, in this post we will take a look at the different types of personal injury that satisfy the eligibility of applying for compensation in order to give you a better understanding.
The following is just a mere handful of the different types of personal injury cases that are made today…
- Road Traffic Accident – This includes car crashes, motorbike accidents, incidents involving cyclists, uninsured driver claims, pedestrian accidents, passenger accidents and so on and so forth. There are also incidents involving hit and runs, these are known as untraced driver claims.
- Product Liability Claims – This involves a person suffering an injury because of a faulty product, which could be anything from beauty items, to furniture, to electrical goods.
- Medical Negligence – Another common type of injury or illness that we see people suffer today is medical negligence. If you have suffered as a result of doctor negligence, it can be very difficult to deal with. After all, we put our trust in doctors. However, mistakes can happen, and sometimes these errors can be very serious.
- Workplace Accident – It is your employer’s duty to ensure the workplace is safe and that you are informed about any health and safety concerns. There are a monumental number of injuries and incidents that can happen in the workplace, including construction accidents, poor health and safety, industrial diseases, repetitive strain injury, vibration white finger, industrial deafness and much, much more.
- Slips, Trips and Falls – This is the most popular type of personal injury. From tripping over a broken pavement to slipping on an unmarked wet floor, the scenarios vary.
- And Much, Much More – The various types of injuries do not end there. From injuries that have occurred because of criminal activity, to food poisoning, to accidents whilst abroad… the list is endless. It seems that there are just so many ways we can hurt ourselves these days!
In conclusion, there are a lot of different types of accidents and injuries that people can end up sustaining today. If you have been injured, it is always better to air on the side of caution and make sure you get medical attention for your injuries.