This is a collaborative post
Chocolate stains on the carpet are some of the most difficult to deal with. The product contains fats, milk powder or cream, sweeteners, cocoa butter and other components, due to which very persistent pollution forms on the material. A professional carpet cleaning will help to get rid of it, but if you do not want to use carpet cleaning services, you can try to remove the pollution on your own. Our carpet cleaning tips on how to remove chocolate stains from the carpet at home will help you get the job done right.
What to Do if a Chocolate Stain Appears on the Carpet?
The stains should be removed immediately after the appearance using the following domestic carpet cleaning tips:
- collect the maximum amount of chocolate with a sponge or napkin if it has melted. Perform movements from the edges of the spot to the center, otherwise its area will increase;
- if the chocolate has hardened, then it is worth cleaning the material with a metal spoon;
- fill the spot with mineral carbonated water. It is better not to use hot liquid, especially when it comes to a dessert containing milk;
- apply a small amount of dishwashing liquid to the contaminated area, it can be diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 2, respectively;
- remove the soapy solution after 3-5 minutes, rinse the material with water.
After cleaning the chocolate stain, you must take care of the proper drying:
- put a cloth towel on a damp area, press it with your hands so that the material absorbs the maximum amount of moisture;
- open windows, turn on the fan, the process can be accelerated by a working air dryer or air conditioner.
This method can be used to clean not only carpets, but also upholstered furniture from wax and chocolate. Before starting work, it is worth examining the underside of the carpet, because it is on it that manufacturers put markings regarding proper carpet cleaning. You have to know that if you have carpets made of silk, wool and other materials that are distinguished by the exacting care, you need to use professional carpet cleaning London services.
Freezing as a Way to Remove Chocolate Stains from a Carpet
The procedure is performed as follows:
- prepare ice cubes, transfer them into a dense bag of cellophane;
- remove the maximum amount of chocolate with a spoon;
- put the ice pack on the dirt, leave it for 5-10 minutes;
- repeat cleaning with a spoon.
After removing the chocolate, a trace may remain on the coating. It can be washed with a solution prepared from a dishwashing detergent and water. The wet area should be covered with a layer of soda or starch, which will absorb excess moisture. The absorbent must be left for 10-12 hours.
What Other Domestic Carpet Cleaning Methods Can Be Used to Remove Chocolate Stains?
When working with aggressive detergents, it is necessary to remember a number of recommendations regarding safety:
Do not mix soda and vinegar, because with such a mixture it is impossible to remove stains. If you connect the components in the container and close it with a lid, the container may explode;
it is forbidden to combine vinegar with hydrogen peroxide, bleach and household chemicals based on them. Do not mix bleach and ammonia. As a result of a chemical reaction, hazardous substances are released that can lead to coughing, redness of the skin and mucous membranes.
If you were not able to completely remove the stain, then you should contact carpet cleaning London based professionals. At any convenient time, you can order steam carpet cleaning services, which will help remove all types of stains and odours, as well as eliminate signs of wear. A perfect result is achieved through the use of safe certified chemistry and European cleaning equipment, as well as the experience and knowledge of steam carpet cleaning company employees.